Article: The Genesis Flood (4/4)April 8, 2007
In this fourth article (of four), the following questions are addressed:
* The Ark might have been a good size and shape for a free floating barge, but how could it have survived the catastrophic storm conditions of the flood, and the large waves of the open sea?
* Does the Genesis flood story say that the rainbow God showed Noah was the first rainbow ever?
* Does the Genesis flood story say that this was the first time it had ever rained on the earth?
* If the flood was local, then why did Noah have to gather all those animals, who could have just run away on their own?
* The Ark was a huge wooden ship, so can we expect it to be around today?
* Just how large was the Ark?
* I have questions about where the Ark landed, how deep the water was, how it could rain for so long, and how the Ark could have been pushed up to the mountains of Ararat?